Friday, April 2, 2010

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

It happened baby! We did it, the Broncos won the whole damn thing. After years of seasons that were defined with teams who just could not win the big one, this season was a different story. How did I do it? Last time we spoke I explained my advancements in coaching strategy and recent coaching hirings. The change in staff and experimenting of strategies brought a team together in the regular season that was able to reach their maximum potential. Besides the simulations, I was able to raise my playing abilities to new heights. My iq went up to 720. The game became more difficult, but this time I was ready for it. I learned how to play safe ball. I realized during playoff time I had to play this game with no distractions. Some people view video games as a time to relax and chill with friends and listen to music. However, what I realized is as much as I loved playing and chilling when I played madden, I had a goal to win. In order to complete this goal the game required me to bring it my all. In school we are taught to bring our A game for our hardest exams. Playoff time was essentially my toughest exam, and in no way was I going to take it lightly. Having a bye in the first round due to our 13-3 record was definitely a help. Then in the post season home field advantage made the game a bit easier as well. I felt it was my game to lose and if I played like I know I could no team was stopping me. In my first game I took on the division rival Chargers. This game was a breeze for me considering I have played this team almost 10 times total in the last 5 seasons. In the AFC title I took on the Patriots, a team that was getting older and always beat me in previous years by the pass. This time I defended the pass brilliantly causing turn over after turn over., and on offense I slowed the game down and ran all over the Patriots. The Super Bowl feature my Broncos versus the San Francisco 49ers. The Niners were essentially a poorer version of me. They played slow ball and ran it effectively, but I was better at it. This game was low scoring both teams defenses held serve for a while creating a first half that ended tied at a staggering low scoring 3-3 game. Then, the second half belonged to my Broncos. My defense continued to dominate as the Niners could do nothing on offense. However, on offense I figured I needed to air it out and start picking up some yards. Kris-Steven Baker playing in his first Super Bowl at age 26 torched the Niners through the air. As the 4th quarter came to an end my Broncos were a top of the NFL world winning the game 17-3. This was bliss baby, we did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment