Monday, March 22, 2010

Cheating

As I was beginning season 5 of my Denver Broncos Franchise I was sick of not seeing my superb team reach its ultimate potential in the games I simulated. My belief was that this was do to an internal flaw in my coaching scheme and my coaching staff. During the offseason I completely revamped the staff and changed the coaching scheme so my team would use its strengths to its maximum potential. I came up with an idea, but I wondered if it was considered cheating. I decided to simulate a season without saving by experimenting with different coaching schemes to see which one would produce the most success. My theory was hey there is no way I can see my team practice with different scehemes considering this a video game, but I can adjust schemes and see how my team would perform in live action had that scheme been implemented. I did not consider this cheating because I was not saving whatever record my team recorded it was solely for experiemental purposes. Eventually I found a scheme that gave me a stunning record of a 14-2 season. I did not save that season, but of course decided to use the chosen scheme in the season I actually saved. I have no played 14 of 16 games in the real season 5. The result: I have played 2 games and won both, and the other 12 I simulated and went a stunning 9-3 which amounts to a record of 11-3 and currently has my Broncos sitting where they belong at first place in the NFL standings. Did I cheat or did I find an edge? I don’t really have a good answer, but I am content with my decision and I adjusted strategies to find the best one and that is what a coach is supposed to do. This may lead to my eventual championship. Go Broncos!

No comments:

Post a Comment